Thursday, September 22, 2011

36 Weeks (sort of), a progress update and Mason's party

Well I totally forgot to take a belly picture at 36 weeks so here's one from 35 and one from 37. 
 35 weeks
37 weeks

Last week at my 37 week appointment (I was really 36 weeks and 5 days), I was 2cm and 50% effaced. I wasn't too surprised by this since I had been having some very irregular and non painful contractions over the week leading up to my appointment. Over the last week, I've been having more and more contractions. Still not painful and still irregular but definitely increasing. When I went today for my 38 week appointment (I'm 37 weeks and 5 days), I was 3cm and 70% effaced. I've been working half days all week so I can get a nap in while AnnaBeth naps. It has definitely helped with keeping the contractions away for the most part. Most of my contractions this last week have occurred at work. So, with all of that, today was my last day of work. I'm still officially starting my FMLA on September 30th and thankfully have enough sick time to be off all of next week leading up to when my FMLA time kicks in. I'm so looking forward to spending this last bit of time with AnnaBeth before Mason arrives! And the naps of course. I definitely need the extra rest! 

Last weekend, my sisters threw a celebration party for me and it was so much fun! Instead of gifts for Mason, everyone gave me gift cards for retail places and restaurants (and I still need to do thank you cards...hopefully this weekend!). It was a wonderful idea!! I got gift cards for various places and all will be so very useful! I've only bought one thing so far and that's a double stroller. I had been doing some research to see what's out there and what would work for us. I was able to find one that has multiple seating positions (both forward or both facing the parent, an infant seat plus the front seat, both seats facing each other, or removing the rear seat for extra storage) and will accommodate our infant car seat. I was going to get a used one off of Craigslist but decided to check Target's website since I got the most money in gift cards for there plus I had a coupon for 20% off an online purchase. The one I had been planning on getting off of Craigslist was on there plus the newer version of it and the newer one was only $25 more! So, I ended up getting the newer version which also happened to qualify for free shipping (which saved me $39). The coupon I had saved me an additional $45 and with the gift cards, I only had to pay the tax plus a few dollars that the gift cards didn't cover. I ordered it on Saturday and it came yesterday. I can't wait to use it! The only feature it doesn't have is it can't be converted to a sit n stand in the event that AnnaBeth not only doesn't want to sit in the seat but also doesn't want to hold on to the little handle that's on either side of the stroller and walk. I will probably see if Kent is able to fabricate some sort of platform for her to stand on as well as a bench seat if she wants to sit, that we can attach/detach whenever we want. Here's what it looks like: 
And last but not least, here's the slideshow from the party. 

1 comments:

Jen said...

Great news all around!

Scrap Pages